Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 8: Fabric Finds

Garage sales are fantastic! There are great finds to be had - persistence pays off to find those little gems that you could not find anywhere else! 
But if you are not careful, there can be a down side. You can end up having enough stuff to have a garage sale at your own place! 
BUT I have learnt some control over the years. It has taken some time and refinement but I have...


And when I found this patchwork fabric (it looked like a quilt that someone had not quite finished) I knew exactly what I was going to make with it before I had even saved it from under a heap of kids games on the front lawn.
Having already made a bag like this previously (with japanese owl fabric which I take everywhere),  I knew that my newly found patchwork would also work perfectly. And here it is.....


1 comment: