Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year reSEWlution

New Year's Resolutions - eat healthy, exercise more, make time to do crafty things, eat less chocolate........


I've learnt a thing or two over the years and one of them is that I am no good at making or keeping new year's resolutions. 


So instead I have found a project to get my teeth into. A Quilt for Charity. Its a Quilt Block Drive for 65 Roses Day to raise awareness of Cystic Fibrosis. Kathreen is looking for people to make blocks, which will be made into a quilt comprising of 65 blocks and then auctioned at the CF Australia annual gala event in Canberra later this year.  


In the craft world, I have avoided the lure to make a quilt. I know I already have too many projects on the go and know that my house could not withstand more bits and pieces if I were to get addicted to quilting, so I thought getting involved with this and supporting a great cause would be a way to starve off the quilt urge.


So now off to hunt out some wicked fabric and get my rose design sorted. Check out this fantastic project or join in.






No comments:

Post a Comment